We have a full diary of regular club nights throughout the week. Your membership enables you to attend as many sessions as you’d like. Each session has a slightly different emphasis, but all sessions are open to all members and you can move between groups however it best suits you from week-to-week.
Meeting places change seasonally, so see Where we meet and run for full details.
- 7pm: Our current Absolute Beginners course finishes on Mon 6 November 2017.
- 7.30pm: Club session for runners with some experience, but ideal for those new to club running, returning from injury or a break, or who prefer a shorter session (45 mins). Meet at cenotaph.
- Club session led by a team of running leaders and coaches. Hard-work but fun, mixed-ability sessions, following a structured plan. See Where we meet and run for meeting places.
- Club session led by a team of running leaders and coaches for new or slower paced runners, ideal for those making the step from our beginners’ course and other Couch to 2k training.
- Club run. An off-road social run exploring the Derwent Valley. For our regular Rowlands Gill meeting place see Where we meet and run
- On the first Thursday of every month, the Thursday crew runs from outside Pedalling Squares, a fantastic coffee bar in Swalwell (NE16 3AQ) for lovers of all things outdoors, who kindly opens its doors for us to store bags and afterwards serves up drinks and food.
- On the second Thursday of every month, we swap our social run for a led training session focussed on developing fell and trail running skills and experience.
- At the weekends, many of us join together for a longer social run at various times. This usually includes running from the Cenotaph at 8.30am on Sunday, for a run of at least 8-10 miles. In the run-up to marathon season, some runners choose to stay out for longer as part of their training and to share the miles. If you join the club, through our members-only Facebook page you are bound to find someone to share a weekend run, whatever your speed or the distance needed.