We have a full diary of regular club nights throughout the week. Your membership enables you to attend as many sessions as you’d like. Each session has a slightly different emphasis, but all sessions are open to all members and you can move between groups however it best suits you from week-to-week.
Tuesday and Wednesday nights are our main coached sessions. Runners follow the same session plan, regardless of which night they attend. This means that if you cannot go to your regular session, you can cover the same training on the alternative night.
Meeting places change seasonally, so see Where we meet and run for full details.
- Club session led by a team of running leaders and coaches. Hard-work but fun, mixed-ability sessions, following a structured plan. See Where we meet and run for meeting places.
- Club session led by a team of running leaders and coaches. Open to all abilities but particularly popular with newer or slower paced runners, so ideal for those making the step from our beginners’ course and other Couch to 2k training.
- Please note that there is currently no beginners’ course in progress. Watch this space for the date of the next course in 2020. It usually meets at 7pm on a Weds.
- Club run. An off-road social run exploring the Derwent Valley. For our regular Rowlands Gill meeting place see Where we meet and run
- On the first Thursday of every month, the Thursday crew runs from outside Pedalling Squares, a fantastic coffee bar in Swalwell (NE16 3AQ) for lovers of all things outdoors, who kindly opens its doors for us to store bags and afterwards serves up drinks and food.
- On the second Thursday of every month, we swap our social run for a led training session focused on developing fell and trail running skills and experience.
- At the weekends, many of us join together for a longer social run at various times. This usually includes running on a Sunday from outside St Joseph’s/Highfield Primary on Whinfield Way at 9.30pm. In the run-up to marathon season, some runners choose to stay out for longer runs as part of their training and to share the miles. If you join the club, through our members-only Facebook page you are bound to find someone to share a weekend run, whatever your speed or the distance needed.