We have a full diary of regular club nights throughout the week. Your membership enables you to attend as many sessions as you’d like. Each session has a slightly different emphasis, but all sessions are open to all members and you can move between groups however it best suits you from week-to-week.
Meeting places change seasonally, so see Where we meet and run for full details.
- 7pm: Watch this space for the date of the next Absolute Beginners course in summer 2018.
- Club session led by a team of running leaders and coaches. Hard-work but fun, mixed-ability sessions, following a structured plan. See Where we meet and run for meeting places.
- Club session led by a team of running leaders and coaches for new or slower paced runners, ideal for those making the step from our beginners’ course and other Couch to 2k training.
- Club run. An off-road social run exploring the Derwent Valley. For our regular Rowlands Gill meeting place see Where we meet and run
- On the first Thursday of every month, the Thursday crew runs from outside Pedalling Squares, a fantastic coffee bar in Swalwell (NE16 3AQ) for lovers of all things outdoors, who kindly opens its doors for us to store bags and afterwards serves up drinks and food.
- On the second Thursday of every month, we swap our social run for a led training session focused on developing fell and trail running skills and experience.
- At the weekends, many of us join together for a longer social run at various times. This usually includes running from the Cenotaph at 8.30am on Sunday, for a run of at least 8-10 miles. In the run-up to marathon season, some runners choose to stay out for longer as part of their training and to share the miles. If you join the club, through our members-only Facebook page you are bound to find someone to share a weekend run, whatever your speed or the distance needed.
Other sessions in Rowlands Gill not led by the club:
- Mondays at 7.30pm: A session meeting at the Cenotaph in Rowlands Gill. It is open to any local runner, including DVRC members. Ideal for those with some experience but new to group running, returning after an injury or a break or wanting a shorter session (45 mins).