Each year, member is pitted against member in our momentous Grand Prix competition!
We choose a selection of ten races ranging from 10k to fell races – and everything in between.
Everyone who takes part in a race receives points. The higher the ranking, the more points on the scoreboard!
At the end of the year, everyone’s best six scores are added up to reveal who will be crowned queen or king at our Christmas party!
Well done to Al Rook, 2016’s well deserved King of the Grand Prix!
The Grand Prix is a brilliant way to try out new races with fellow club members, which is open to all, regardless of how many races you can take part in.
The fixture list for 2017 has just been revealed by Iain Ralphson. We will add links to all races on this page shortly, but in the meantime, here is a list of what to enter and when:
|High Cup Nick Feb Fell||25 Feb||Fell||9.3 miles|
|Run Northumberland Half||19 March||Road||13.1 miles|
|Allendale Challenge||8 April||Fell||26 miles|
|Newburn River Run||June||Road||6.5 miles|
|Blackhill Parkrun||8 July||Track||5k|
|Red Kite Trail Run||9 July||Trail||8 miles|
|New Jelly T Race||24 Sept||Road||10 miles|
|Watergate 5K||August (tbc)||Track||5km|
|Kielder 10k/Half/Marathon†||7/8 Oct||Track||10k/13.1/26|
|Wooler Half/Marathon†||18/19 Nov||Fell||13.1/26 miles|
|George Ogle Memorial Raceⁱ||24 May||Trail||6 miles|
|Blackhill Steelworks Relays*||May||Running round a big field with a hill.||1 mile|
- ¹George Ogle Memorial Race – for newcomers only
- *Team relay – Teams to be picked by independent person, equal GP points for each team member
- †Two of the races have multiple distances – all distances count.
Rules are simple
- Run a race on the list
- If you come 1st out of the club you get 50 points, 2nd 49 points, 3rd 48 points etc, etc..
- If you come 1st in your category you get 5 extra points, so 1st place out of the club plus 1st Male V40 would be a maximum 55 points.
- Only the combined scores from your best 6 races count at the end of the year